Sunday, May 18, 2008

finally

hello sweet friends...

i'm am so sorry that i have been slacking so badly with my blog. so much has happened in my life in the past 2 weeks that i was a bit hesitant about blogging because i didn't know if i would be able to convey all of my emotions through my post. so once again, sorry about that! to bring everyone up to date, in the past 2 weeks, i took my last undergrad final, graduated from texas a&m university, moved out of the place i've called home for the last 3 years and back to my parents' house, and now, finally, after many months, i am in dallas at my summer project briefing....whew!

i absolutely cannot believe that i'm here. it seems like it was literally just yesterday that i found out that i had been accepted to the project and started raising support. on that note, PRAISE THE LORD! as of yesterday, the lord provided all of my support. $6170.00!!! thank you so much to everyone that has made this trip possible and has partnered with me in spreading the gospel to italian college students! you do not even know how much you've blessed me and how much of an impact you are going to have on the people i am going to meet! like i said before, i am in dallas for my briefing. i got here last night and we had meetings all day today and then more tomorrow...and then guess what?...i'm flying to italy on tuesday!!!!!!!!! i am beyond excited. i know that the lord has some amazing things planned for me and that i am going to be challenged way beyond my own strength, but i am confident that this is his will for my life right now and i am trying to step out in faith and follow him.

so that's where i'm at right now. briefing has been great so far. it has been so wonderful to finally meet everyone on my team...there are 18 of us! woohoo! i'm actually a minority being from texas...almost half of my team is coming from louisiana! i'm so excited to get to know everyone better though and serve with them this summer. i know god has placed each one of us on this team for a particular reason, and i just can't wait to see what that is!!! i guess my overall emotion right now would be one of excitement. i'm just in awe of the lord's sovereignty and his goodness. our god is so faithful.

look forward to many more posts! thanks for reading! i love you all!

pace!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

awww...hayley i'm glad you're going to italy with my hayleah. i just wanna let you know that i'm so EXCITED for yall and i'm definitely praying for you and the group. HAVE FUN!!!